If we follow blogs and publications on the technological advancement with respect to SQL, we notice the increase in the number of references to Python, of late. Often, that makes us think:
- Why so much emphasis on Python these days?
- Isn’t knowing PowerShell scripting sufficient for the automation requirements of today?
- Is it the time DBAs started learning a programming language such as Python in order to handle their day-to-day tasks more efficiently?
- Why do so many job postings these days include “knowledge of scripting” as a requirement?
- Is all of this happening because the paradigm is shifting? Can’t the current Microsoft-specific languages such as PowerShell handle the shift?