This performance counter measures current total number of client connections waiting for a lock to be released by the Analysis Services engine.
To get a complete list of current lock-waits then make use of Dynamic Management Views (DMVs). DMV queries are an alternative to running XML/A Discover commands.
You must have system administrator permissions on the Analysis Services instance to query a DMV.
DBAs, Server administrators, BI developers
- Use Dynamic Management Views (DMVs) to Monitor Analysis Services current lock wait stats
- Consider optimizing the Select statements used for dimension processing
- Use SQL Server Profiler and then analyze the trace offline
- Add more physical memory to the computer
- Avoid processing at peak hours to avoid query and processing collisions