Returns the percentage of available free space per volume. Make sure this is not too low otherwise the database may run out of space to grow. As a rough guide aim to keep 20% free space per volume.
- Expand storage capacity of volume
- Create additional database files onto another volume
- Remove any unnecessary files from the volume (old logs and backups; setup files, documents, etc.)
- If backing up to disk, make sure compression is used
- Enable data page compression if CPU usage doesn’t suffer