This performance counter measures the total number of deadlocks detected since Analysis Services service was restarted. Deadlocks occur when conflicting locks are taken by two or more processes.
To get a complete list of current deadlocks in your environment, consider using Dynamic Management Views (DMVs). You must have system administrator permissions on the Analysis Services instance to query a DMV.
DBAs, Server administrators, BI developers
- Consider disabling proactive caching
- Consider accessing database snapshot on isolation mode
- Setup extended events trace to monitor deadlocks
- Use SQL Server Profiler and then analyze the trace offline
- Avoid processing at peak hours to avoid query and processing collisions.
How To Monitor Deadlocks in SQL Server
Performance Counters (SSAS)
General monitoring for SQL Server Analysis Services using Performance Monitor
Encountering deadlocks with Proactive Caching