This performance counter measures the total number of deadlocks detected since Analysis Services service was restarted. Deadlocks occur when conflicting locks are taken by two or more processes.
To get a complete list of current deadlocks in your environment, consider using Dynamic Management Views (DMVs). You must have system administrator permissions on the Analysis Services instance to query a DMV.
DBAs, Server administrators, BI developers
- Consider disabling proactive caching
- Consider accessing database snapshot on isolation mode
- Setup extended events trace to monitor deadlocks
- Use SQL Server Profiler and then analyze the trace offline
- Avoid processing at peak hours to avoid query and processing collisions.
To track BI performance metrics – consider using ApexSQL BI Monitor, a web application that monitors system, SSAS, SSIS and SSRS performance in real time.