Top reasons to write for us
Cash payment for each article, paid at the beginning of the month after publishing. Email us for current rates.
Top SQL Shack author award
The top author will be selected each year. The 2017 prize is a free trip to SQL PASS Summit 2017 (a $2,500 value). Click here for more information.
Free NFR license to ApexSQL Universal, a $2,999 value, after 3 articles.
New author bonus
Cash bonus after first 5 articles. 1x individual article rate.
Awesome author bonus
Cash bonus after 20 articles. 7x individual article rate.
Paid consulting positions
Help translate your knowledge into SQL Server software. Short-term paid consulting positions are available for select authors to provide ApexSQL product guidance, feedback, beta testing and more.
The SQL Shack currently has over 100,000 unique visits per month and growing fast.
Free gear item for new authors. Pick any item from our store upon posting of your first article.
Easy submission and posting
All you have to do is send it to us in a Word doc. We’ll do the rest. We promise fast turnaround on all articles, which are sometimes published the same day.
Got an image or illustration that you think would really make your article pop? Let us create it for you, like the example below:
For every article you write, we’ll make a $10 donation to a great charity. Learn more
From time to time may promote your books, services, etc. in an author section on the website.
We’ll translate our best articles into Spanish. See our current translations
- If interested, send us a sample article or link to an existing article along with some notes on why you would like to write for us, commitment level etc. Include abstract and details for your first proposed article
- We’ll let you know our current rates for each article
- We accept articles throughout the month and pay at the beginning of the next month
- Topics need to be related to Microsoft SQL Server
- Articles need to contain at least 1,000 words not counting code samples
- A minimum of 3 images. We can help creating abstract schematics if needed
- If interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org