Top reasons to write for us
Cash payment for each article, paid at the beginning of the month after publishing. Recurring bonuses for achieving production milestones. Email us for current rates and bonuses.
Annual best author award
The top author will be rewarded, each year, with a large cash prize. Email us for current bonus.
- Previous year winners include
- 2016 – Ahmad Yaseen
- 2017 – Ahmad Yaseen
- 2018 – Prashanth Jayaram
- 2019 – Rajendra Gupta
- 2020 – Rajendra Gupta
Paid consulting positions
Help translate your knowledge into SQL Server software. Short-term paid consulting positions are available for select authors to provide ApexSQL product guidance, feedback, beta testing and more.
The SQL Shack currently has over 500,000 unique visits per month and growing fast.
Easy submission and posting
All you have to do is send it to us in a Word doc. We’ll do the rest. We promise fast turnaround on all articles, which are sometimes published the same day.
Got an image or illustration that you think would really make your article pop? Let us create it for you, like the example below:
We’ll translate our best articles into Spanish. See our current translations
- If interested, send us a sample article or link to an existing article along with some notes on why you would like to write for us, commitment level etc. Include abstract and details for your first proposed article
- We’ll let you know our current rates for each article
- We accept articles throughout the month and pay at the beginning of the next month
- Topics need to be related to Microsoft SQL Server
- Articles need to contain at least 1,250 words not counting code samples
- A minimum of 3 images. We can help creating abstract schematics if needed
- If interested, please contact us at email@example.com
For guidance on writing SQL Shack articles see Author writing guidance