Processing of dimensions and partitions and querying of partitions are handled by job operations.
This performance counter measures the total number of jobs in the queue of the short parsing thread pool. CPU is underutilized when processing pool job queue length is greater than 0. This means that SSAS wants to process more but does not have available threads.
DBAs, Server administrators, BI developers
- Check the CPU utilization, the level of concurrency, and the average query duration
- Increase the Process MaxThreads setting from the default value of 64 to 128
- Consider adding more CPU core
- Review your partitioning strategy
- Try to use faster storage (SSD) or more disk drives for quicker responses to Storage Engine requests