Displays the total size in bytes of write operations on the volume.
This counter can be used to form a baseline of storage usage. There is no rule of thumb for this counter as acceptable throughput is determined by workload and the level of storage available. If storage is utilized too frequently you can use the Suggested Solutions below to reduce it.
- Add additional memory
- Increase the max memory allocation
- Upgrade storage
- Make sure partitions are aligned correctly
- Indexing, look for high IO queries
- Data page compression if CPU usage doesn’t suffer
- Spread database files over other (less busy) volumes